Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What do you use to wash your car?

What do you use to wash your car?

• Brush

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Mitt

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • Sponge

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Other

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters

Hell-Yeah

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Johnstown
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
Found a great product that makes cleanup a snap if used before a weekend of racing at the dragstrip. After washing and rinsing the car and while it is still wet just spritz it with Bead Maker. It helps keep road dirt and track rubber from sticking. 20190828_110110.jpg 20190828_110205.jpg

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Found a great product that makes cleanup a snap if used before a weekend of racing at the dragstrip. After washing and rinsing the car and while it is still wet just spritz it with Bead Maker. It helps keep road dirt and track rubber from sticking. View attachment 568 View attachment 569
+1 on Bead Maker. Makes a great topper on a good sealant.

TMAC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mesa
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
My vote was for 'other'. I use my cell phone.
And call a very good local mobile detailer.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I'll check out bead maker, always looking for stuff to make getting the rubber off the rear quarters easier.

PaVaSteeler

Mole
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
This works pretty well, and doesn't mess with a strong wax or sealant; just hoses right off and prevents most track debris from sticking too hard: Geddex Burnout Guard. Simply first coat on lightly; wait a few seconds, then spray a second coat over same area.

Learned about it from the owner of an incredibly fast, and ridiculously light weight Magnum at an MSHS event a couple of years ago.

download.png

Member ID
Reactions
City
College Station
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon & 2018 TrackHawk
Cquartz Ceramic Coating...
provides a sacrificial layer by protecting your clear coat. Extremely easier to wash and keep clean for many years to come.

Member ID
Reactions
City
College Station
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon & 2018 TrackHawk
Cquartz Ceramic Coating...
provides a sacrificial layer by protecting your clear coat. Extremely easier to wash and keep clean for many years to come.

Attachments

PaVaSteeler

Mole
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
+1 on Bead Maker. Makes a great topper on a good sealant.
I started using Bead Maker a few months before getting rid of my '15 Pitch Black Scat. I had been using Jescar Paint Refresh but wanted to see if I could find an effective alternative that was a little less prone to streak.

I thought Bead Maker would be it, but the last couple of times I used it I found it to be very "tempermental"; got even more streaks than with Jescar.

Now, with my wife having the only black car in the stable, I'll only use Bead Maker as a drying agent with her car. Used that way, you avoid many of the streaking issues.

At the end of the day, I believe the Jescar Paint Refresh to be a superior product because of the (slightly) lesser tendency to streak.

PaVaSteeler

Mole
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
With my previous Challenger being Pitch Black, and more oriented towards shows than races, I was a big advocate of Collinite #476 and not spending the money to have the car coated.

With my current ride being primarily for racing, and NOT being Pitch Black, I bit the bullet and bought Gyeon Quartz MOHS coating, along with their Booster and applied it myself.

Gotta say, while I have not been able to wash it yet (tomorrow makes the 6th day post-application and you need to wait 7 days before washing) to witness the hydrophobic nature of this product, the little tests I did with a water bottle showed the water running off the panels faster that poop through a goose!

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
About weekly, I go to one of the coin operated pressure wand car washes, with my bucket, mitt and microfiber towels. I spray her down, then go over it all with bucket and mitt. Next, rinse again with wand, then finish spray with their spot-free rinse. Then dry it off with fresh microfiber towels. Midweek touchups with Meguire's Waterless Wash and Wax on the gloss paint, Dr. Beasley's Matte Waterless Wash followed by their Matte Final Finish on the factory matte black hood and spoiler as well as the matte roof and trunk wrap. Latest addition is Mothers CMX Ceramic Spray Coating on the wheels.
Pretty good results overall so far.

nytrorcr1

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Cookeville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hell Cat
Mitt and plush micro towel for wash, Leaf blower for drying.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Nashville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Challenger Hellcat
My detailer turned me on to this company to maintain his work !!!
https://shinesupply.com/

Decay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Astoria
State
OR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 widebody Redeye
Once in a while I break out my Chemical Guys foam gun (not the cannon...this one works on a garden hose). But the amount of water which gets trapped in the trunk just drives me CrAzY! So most of the time I use Chemical Guys waterless wash. Good stuff!
Mine does this also and it drives me crazy.
I open and close the trunk with micro fiber towels in strategic locations.
And at times I see drips a day later!