Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

ADM’s on SRT’s and Hellcats

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Agreed...in states where ins. is mandatory..get caught driving without it...roadside confiscation of the auto..(regardless who owns it)..revocation of drivers lic...and 6months in jail...the uninsured dillema that costs ALL responsible drivers increased premiums would rectify itself...to harsh you say..then shut the fuck up..stop whinnin bout yer bill...and PAY it...
What? Insurance is mandatory everywhere lol. Doesn’t stop the idiots anywhere. The companies are price gouging

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Now that I’m old and not “working” so much, I seem to do more thinking. For the past 10-15 years it is/was not unusual to see cars and light trucks going 200-250k mi. My 03 Silverado and 04 Wrangler still run great! Are mfr’s proud of how long their vehicles last? Or are they cringing because these people are postponing purchases?

I wonder what current vehicles will be like in 20y? Will they be unmaintainable? Will dealers hold a monopoly on diagnostics and repairs? If so, it will kill the value of used cars and the people most affected will be the ones who can’t afford it. Will the objective be to motivate people to buy more new cars to avoid the service trap? Is this new planned obsolescence?

We might be looking at a future where you need to have a car under a service plan (a form of insurance) in order to avoid a catastrophic repair cost. Mfr's have been trying very hard to loop people into a subscription service like software co's, OnStar flopped, maybe this might work?

The more control dealers and mfr’s have, the less freedom we have, and the more it will cost us. And I can’t believe this is not planned.

Regulation of emissions and fuel milage are lemons that the mfr’s are turning into lemonade through maintenance, service and repairs.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
I’m still mad about cash for clunkers, that’s why it’s hard to find cheap good old project myscle cars

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
What? Insurance is mandatory everywhere lol. Doesn’t stop the idiots anywhere. The companies are price gouging
Insurance is NOT mandatory in every state...explain to me what gouging is...be specific if you can...:unsure:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
And the story telling starts about them not making any money.
like they can build these multimillion dollar facilities by not making money...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I’m still mad about cash for clunkers, that’s why it’s hard to find cheap good old project myscle cars
You seem to be mad about alotta stuff...you should try and find religion...ANY religion :giggle::giggle::giggle:;)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Now that I’m old and not “working” so much, I seem to do more thinking. For the past 10-15 years it is/was not unusual to see cars and light trucks going 200-250k mi. My 03 Silverado and 04 Wrangler still run great! Are mfr’s proud of how long their vehicles last? Or are they cringing because these people are postponing purchases?

I wonder what current vehicles will be like in 20y? Will they be unmaintainable? Will dealers hold a monopoly on diagnostics and repairs? If so, it will kill the value of used cars and the people most affected will be the ones who can’t afford it. Will the objective be to motivate people to buy more new cars to avoid the service trap? Is this new planned obsolescence?

We might be looking at a future where you need to have a car under a service plan (a form of insurance) in order to avoid a catastrophic repair cost. Mfr's have been trying very hard to loop people into a subscription service like software co's, OnStar flopped, maybe this might work?

The more control dealers and mfr’s have, the less freedom we have, and the more it will cost us. And I can’t believe this is not planned.

Regulation of emissions and fuel milage are lemons that the mfr’s are turning into lemonade through maintenance, service and repairs.
I would be inclined to agree with you that auto ownership may indeed go through a major transformation..(driven by technology)..the likes of which we have never seen...certainly not what we have been accustomed to the past 75 years or so...once again reason to echo the sentiment for guys like you and me that are thankful we are old...:giggle::giggle::giggle:;)

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
..once again reason to echo the sentiment for guys like you and me that are thankful we are old...:giggle::giggle::giggle:;)
Stealing my line! Again! Time for a copyright! :ROFLMAO:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Stealing my line! Again! Time for a copyright! :ROFLMAO:
Guess I aint as clever as most...and obviously don't have many good ideas of my own...don't look for the larceny to end anytime soon...;);)

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Went to Autonation Chrysler, Dodge in north Phoenix yesterday. They have 3 Demon 170's for sale on the showroom floor. Sticker price ranges around $130,000 with an ADM of $50-75k. Salesman said that all 3 were special orders, that when the car arrived, were refused by the buyer even though each lost a $10k deposit. There are several dealers in Phoenix with Demon 170's for sale. Guess the initial buying frenzy was finally replaced with buyers remorse? Gonna keep my 2019 REWB and be thankful that I can enjoy driving a Hellcat!!!
So the question did they add the adm afterwards and is that why he refused? If so the deal has changed and dont know how they could keep the money. On the other side the deal was made and money down so how can they change it legally?

Ralph

Member ID
Reactions
City
Glendale
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat REWB
So the question did they add the adm afterwards and is that why he refused? If so the deal has changed and dont know how they could keep the money. On the other side the deal was made and money down so how can they change it legally?
Didn't dig into a lot of details, so I'm just guessing. I think the contract stated, if you backed out of the deal you lost your deposit and if you accepted the deal, the deposit was applied to the purchase. Still, only going by what the dealer told me so who knows what the story really is.