Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Stelantis threaten uk closures

OP
The Englishman

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Thread Starter #2
Who cares about the EV's but theres a common thread going on here, Stelantis making tax gains/ offsets?

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
All of this is because the EV mandate bullshit is not working and falling apart!!

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
The automakers have already decided to focus on the government intervention (money) rather than supporting what their consumers want. Everyone should know by now that taking money from the government in the form of subsidies or other short term incentives makes them beholding to the government and they will then use those same $$ as a hammer to force business to do the governments bidding - even when those businesses may likely collapse because of it...
As much as I want automakers to succeed, I would rather they go under than take the money - we (the public) would be better in the long run.

OP
The Englishman

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Thread Starter #5
The automakers have already decided to focus on the government intervention (money) rather than supporting what their consumers want. Everyone should know by now that taking money from the government in the form of subsidies or other short term incentives makes them beholding to the government and they will then use those same $$ as a hammer to force business to do the governments bidding - even when those businesses may likely collapse because of it...
As much as I want automakers to succeed, I would rather they go under than take the money - we (the public) would be better in the long run.
Agree with that, shocking that this can happen, we didn't take a single penny in covid subsidies and struggled on using our own funds but these big corporations seem willing and able to take millions.