Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

OLD GUYS WILL REMEMBER THESE

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
This rant is for guys over 60..younger guy's might not get it....These are things you wouldn't ...couldn't..or even think of doing 50 yrs. ago....#1..pump yer own gas..#2..checkout and bag yer own groceries..(and pay5 cents a bag) #3 drink water outta a plastic bottle that just cost ya $2 bucks...#4 pay for a pack of gum..or candy bar with a CC....#5 shop @ a major store on Sunday..(blue laws)...#6 order anything on line...#7 use a drive thru window @ a fast food place..#8 direct deposit your paycheck...#9..redeem your empty pop can for a nickel...#10...fasten your seatbelt or risk a ticket...#11..worry about any venue or restaurant not accepting cash...Now the last two..are huge..#12...HAVING A CELL PHONE STICHED TO YER FACE EVERY WAKING MOMENT... #13..Kids bringing guns to school and shooting teachers and other students...thing have changed..we've come a long way...not to say the 70's were bad...tech. has given us a whole new world...but did all the BULLSHIT have to come with it...ok..that's it for my old guy rant...If I missed anything ..chime in..

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Not a shooting, but 1927 Bath Township, Michigan (about 30 miles from me). 45 dead. 58 wounded.
Bath School disaster - Wikipedia

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
This rant is for guys over 60..younger guy's might not get it....These are things you wouldn't ...couldn't..or even think of doing 50 yrs. ago....#1..pump yer own gas..#2..checkout and bag yer own groceries..(and pay5 cents a bag) #3 drink water outta a plastic bottle that just cost ya $2 bucks...#4 pay for a pack of gum..or candy bar with a CC....#5 shop @ a major store on Sunday..(blue laws)...#6 order anything on line...#7 use a drive thru window @ a fast food place..#8 direct deposit your paycheck...#9..redeem your empty pop can for a nickel...#10...fasten your seatbelt or risk a ticket...#11..worry about any venue or restaurant not accepting cash...Now the last two..are huge..#12...HAVING A CELL PHONE STICHED TO YER FACE EVERY WAKING MOMENT... #13..Kids bringing guns to school and shooting teachers and other students...thing have changed..we've come a long way...not to say the 70's were bad...tech. has given us a whole new world...but did all the BULLSHIT have to come with it...ok..that's it for my old guy rant...If I missed anything ..chime in..
My first job on Saturdays at AGE 10 was sorting returned pop bottles for my uncle at the grocery store he managed for $5 and free lunch.

If we had a disagreement at school, your ass was “chosen” and you got to fist fight after school until the other guy cried uncle IF you just did not light the SOB directly up on the playground.

My wife walked 2 miles to school until the 11th grade rain, sun, snow or shine with a smile.

In the 70’s you took $5 to fill up with premium. Before they let the OPEC countries tell is they were short on oil and we would run out before 2000.

You behaved in school and paid attention or they kicked your ass. Period! They also thought us history.

We said the Pledge of Allegiance to the UNITED STATES Flag every morning in your class in unison and without anyone abstaining or even thinking about it.9

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
All you protestors go read up on the VN War protests and what happened in Ohio on May 5, 1970.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Tin soldiers and Nixion’s coming. My cousins Husband was right there for it.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
#13 - we brought guns to school regularly - for the NRA shooting classes held after regular class in the school basement. No one ever got shot.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
One of the coolest moments in my teaching career came (believe it or not) during Obama’s first inauguration. We were watching it on the classroom TV and the presiding reverend led The Lord’s Prayer. Without any prompting, the entire class joined in. A public school, no less.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
#13 - we brought guns to school regularly - for the NRA shooting classes held after regular class in the school basement. No one ever got shot.
I am pretty sure we had a firing range in the basement at Northeastern University.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Just saw a NBA team that started in 1989 play their best game ever.:love: GO WOLVES!

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #11
OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #12
My first job on Saturdays at AGE 10 was sorting returned pop bottles for my uncle at the grocery store he managed for $5 and free lunch.

If we had a disagreement at school, your ass was “chosen” and you got to fist fight after school until the other guy cried uncle IF you just did not light the SOB directly up on the playground.

My wife walked 2 miles to school until the 11th grade rain, sun, snow or shine with a smile.

In the 70’s you took $5 to fill up with premium. Before they let the OPEC countries tell is they were short on oil and we would run out before 2000.

You behaved in school and paid attention or they kicked your ass. Period! They also thought us history.

We said the Pledge of Allegiance to the UNITED STATES Flag every morning in your class in unison and without anyone abstaining or even thinking about it.9
All good ones...well said..it just aint like that these days...

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #13
Just saw a NBA team that started in 1989 play their best game ever.:love: GO WOLVES!
1989....??? 1989:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:...how many overtimes were there:unsure::unsure::unsure:

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #14
OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #15
One of the coolest moments in my teaching career came (believe it or not) during Obama’s first inauguration. We were watching it on the classroom TV and the presiding reverend led The Lord’s Prayer. Without any prompting, the entire class joined in. A public school, no less.
Guess even the students knew back then we were gonna need all the Lords help with that guy..:rolleyes:

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Guess even the students knew back then we were gonna need all the Lords help with that guy..:rolleyes:
He was still pretending to be a Christian.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
1989....??? 1989:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:...how many overtimes were there:unsure::unsure::unsure:
I don’t know if we been past the first round before this year. Let alone beating the champs at home for the second round opener. NEVER. We just took it for granted they suck.

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #18
I don’t know if we been past the first round before this year. Let alone beating the champs at home for the second round opener. NEVER. We just took it for granted they suck.
Ohhh...an here I thought the GAME started in "89"...(dont say it...I know..I;m an idiot):giggle:;)

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Ohhh...an here I thought the GAME started in "89"...(dont say it...I know..I;m an idiot):giggle:;)
‘89 Piston Bad Boys. NBA champions. Bare knuckle basketball. The good old days. Repeated in ‘90 and then MJ ruined it for Detroit fans.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
No. The franchise has a long history of is not giving a darn because they been so bad. So this is a good thing.