Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

I think she is done.:(

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
From a Stellantis staff member if anyone is interested

I see new Hellcats $10k under sticker at Golling Dodge in Michigan.
We now get our employee price discount on Hellcats and can also give out one employee discount code per year to anyone.
I wish I had that code when I was leasing the daytona. Would have been over $150 less a month

Member ID
Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2011 Challenger SRT
From a Stellantis staff member if anyone is interested

I see new Hellcats $10k under sticker at Golling Dodge in Michigan.
We now get our employee price discount on Hellcats and can also give out one employee discount code per year to anyone.
Now that's a steal!

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
So, what do you think happened to my car? It was white smoke. Not blue. And it was puttering. It happened when I got on it for a few seconds and let off. But it stayed that way until I re flashed the tune in my garage. I remember not adding fresh fuel until after I flashed it. And the white smoke and puttering stopped after a reflash. So probably something in the tune went bad? Maybe the tune had an injector stuck open and reflashing it got the injector to work? No noise from the engine. Running super strong. Im baffled. But happy.
I remember you had an AC problem blowing heat. How did you get that fixed?

Hc is HPT and E85?
What are all the other mods.

OP
AlleyCat

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Thread Starter #44
Had problem in winter time as ac would take 3 plus minutes to turn cool. Did nothing to fix. In summer it comes on normal. In the engine ported Frankenstein heads, basic stroker, headers, pulleys, ported snout, 105 mm body, cai, 1300 Id injectors, demon cam.

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Had problem in winter time as ac would take 3 plus minutes to turn cool. Did nothing to fix. In summer it comes on normal. In the engine ported Frankenstein heads, basic stroker, headers, pulleys, ported snout, 105 mm body, cai, 1300 Id injectors, demon cam.
Been a long time since I read the manual cover to cover, but seem to recall that below a certain temperature the AC will not come on. Hope I don't have this confused with another car...

OP
AlleyCat

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Thread Starter #46
So it happened one more time after getting on it for 3-4 seconds and quickly letting off the throttle. Then within a few minutes she returned to normal. I think it is Throttle Body related either with the 105 mm throttle body or something in the tune. I never noticed this before as the only time on the street I would floor it was in manual in third and fourth. I had a bunch of sand bag ballasts put in the trunk and I decided to let her downshift in drive which is now a blast. In the warmer/hot weather at 40 she will grab most of the time now. But this problem has now reared its head twice. It has to do with the rapid closing of the throttle body after releasing the fuel peddle.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Sounds like under high vacuum it’s sucking in oil either up past the rings or down an intake valve guide. Pulling a plug from each cylinder and seeing what they look like may help diagnose. Is it even smoke both sides of the car or does one side look thicker than the other in the rearview mirror?

OP
AlleyCat

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Thread Starter #48
Didn't smoke this last time. X pipe so both sides.

OP
AlleyCat

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Thread Starter #49
My tuner says it can be picking up on a phantom misfire. Then the injectors close until the situation rectifies. Or as I did before reflash the tune. He says there is an easy fix and will update the tune for me.

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Nice!

OP
AlleyCat

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Thread Starter #51
So, the problem came back with vengeance. The dash illuminated a P2240. Bad O2 sensor. The car started running rough. Lots of white smoke out the rear. I BURNT UP A FULL TANK OF E85 WITHIN 40 MILES. WTF?

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Replace all 4 O2 sensors.

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
I’m going to be replacing mine soon. Hopefully doesn’t mess up the threads taking them out

TraxMoe

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Heartland
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
POS slasher
Replace all 4 O2 sensors.
Get the diagnostic tool out and figure out the problem before replacing parts and don't just start throwing money down the drain.

Post cat 02 sensors only monitor the efficiency of the catalytic converters. Pre cat 02 sensors do all the short and long term fuel trimming.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
I started having … come up in my AFR page, and wonky starts, changing fuel trims. No codes, diagnostics of watching O2 sensors said they were fine. Yes, they thought they were fine. But they were reading something as being OK that the engine was telling me different. I replaced all four and never had a problem since, $250 well spent, easily changed two hours tops.
Running O2 sensor that is thinking it’s on Target when it’s actually running the engine pig Rich and you’ll wipe your cylinder walls out in short order. And if it’s smoking white and dumping that much fuel, that’s what’s happening at the moment.

OP
AlleyCat

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Thread Starter #56
Get the diagnostic tool out and figure out the problem before replacing parts and don't just start throwing money down the drain.

Post cat 02 sensors only monitor the efficiency of the catalytic converters. Pre cat 02 sensors do all the short and long term fuel trimming.
You are right. Mechanic just called. Found problem. Number 4 fuel injector stuck open. It is the ID 1300s. Can I order one independently?

OP
AlleyCat

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Thread Starter #57
I started having … come up in my AFR page, and wonky starts, changing fuel trims. No codes, diagnostics of watching O2 sensors said they were fine. Yes, they thought they were fine. But they were reading something as being OK that the engine was telling me different. I replaced all four and never had a problem since, $250 well spent, easily changed two hours tops.
Running O2 sensor that is thinking it’s on Target when it’s actually running the engine pig Rich and you’ll wipe your cylinder walls out in short order. And if it’s smoking white and dumping that much fuel, that’s what’s happening at the moment.
Number 4 fuel injector stuck open. Now how do I replace just one?

OP
AlleyCat

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Thread Starter #58
Anyone have an extra id 1300 laying around?

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
You can buy a single from ID direct but best to get a matched one for your set. You can send them to them snd request flow check before cleaning so you know where they all where to start with. Then clean the set, flow test again and match a new unit to your set. I’ve done it many times. You can pay a expidite fee for fast turn around too if you can’t wait. If you can’t find contact information, let me know

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
PS, they’re easy to remove, less than an hour, disconnect their plugs, 4 bolts hold the rails on, 2 per side. Remove rails with injectors in them, reverse to install.