Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

It's Official, Order Cancelled

Member ID
Reactions
City
Anytown
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Challenger
My order for a new Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody from Oct, 2022 has now been officially cancelled by Dodge. If you have a redeye on order and it's still 5N7 sales code with BG status, your car is not going to get built. Best to start looking for an existing car or settle of a regular HC but you better hurry because they will also be running out soon.

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
My order for a new Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody from Oct, 2022 has now been officially cancelled by Dodge. If you have a redeye on order and it's still 5N7 sales code with BG status, your car is not going to get built. Best to start looking for an existing car or settle of a regular HC but you better hurry because they will also be running out soon.
Well, that fkg sucks.
Sorry to hear.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Very sorry to hear, I have been shouting for almost 2 years that 2023 was going to be a sh*tshow, which is why I ordered my 2022 RE Dec 2021, delivered March 2022, at a substantial discount. Grab a low mileage RE soon before people realize there is no longer a chance to buy new.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
:(

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
Sounds like many stories I am hearing

SHIT

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
Unfortunately Dodge is making a big mistake! But some never learn from history.

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
Why I ordered a 22, knew this year was gonna be crap and didn't want to take the chance of not getting a "last call"!

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Why I ordered a 22, knew this year was gonna be crap and didn't want to take the chance of not getting a "last call"!
I tried.
Was blocked since March.

Had a friendly chat with a dealer trying to offload their special editions, they can't move anything but the HO Hellcats and the Demon.

Good luck Dodge dealers. We won't miss you.

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
I tried.
Was blocked since March.

Had a friendly chat with a dealer trying to offload their special editions, they can't move anything but the HO Hellcats and the Demon.

Good luck Dodge dealers. We won't miss you.
Special editions
Do you mean cars 1 thru 5 with a sticker package ?

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
So here we are with six months left in the year and a production 170 is yet to be seen. Does anybody have any reason to think that they are actually going to produce 3300 of those? Considering that they are canceling placed orders like this one….. maybe that is to turn all the leftover Challengers into 170’s? Redirecting all the Redeye engine building efforts into 170’s? I’m glad I’m not on a 170 waiting list with a last name starting with W. 🫣

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
Unfortunately Dodge is making a big mistake! But some never learn from history.
There's no way they can continue to make these cars. The "buying Tesla carbon credits" loophole has been closed and the credits that currently cost $4,000 per car are going up x10. I'm sure Dodge would love to continue to build these cars in perpetuity.

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
Maybe that is why they are cancelling orders, so they can get the 170s built??

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
So here we are with six months left in the year and a production 170 is yet to be seen. Does anybody have any reason to think that they are actually going to produce 3300 of those? Considering that they are canceling placed orders like this one….. maybe that is to turn all the leftover Challengers into 170’s? Redirecting all the Redeye engine building efforts into 170’s? I’m glad I’m not on a 170 waiting list with a last name starting with W. 🫣
I bet they ram them through like what happens with TRX special editions.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
There's no way they can continue to make these cars. The "buying Tesla carbon credits" loophole has been closed and the credits that currently cost $4,000 per car are going up x10. I'm sure Dodge would love to continue to build these cars in perpetuity.
Dodge needed a Hornet EV or something years ago.
They kept kicking the can down the road and here we are.

Corvette will drop 800+hp on us and not give 2 shits about carbon credits because of all the EVs they are pushing out.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Every day the world seems even more f'd up than I ever imagined it could get. :(

We don't need the Chinese or Russians to kick our ass, we are electing commie dictators just fine without them!

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Shit can em all and start ovah. Persuns getten 2 fat off da muscular autos. Dealers, shuutem all and start ova. Dat new piece of shit Dodge came outster wit. 20 ears too late and need to foecus on da muscle carz. Whore net. trash it.

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
Dodge needed a Hornet EV or something years ago.
They kept kicking the can down the road and here we are.

Corvette will drop 800+hp on us and not give 2 shits about carbon credits because of all the EVs they are pushing out.
Meanwhile, Ford has been all in on EVs and they lost $3 billion dollars on them last year. So what's better, jamming your stores full of cars that no one wants or not building cars that no one wants?

OP
RRDon
Member ID
Reactions
City
Anytown
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Challenger
Thread Starter #18
From the looks of things I don't think we're ever going back, either with the car companies or the country. Those who have read the fall of the Roman Empire understand completely what's happening. Those who have not read it should do so. .

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Meanwhile, Ford has been all in on EVs and they lost $3 billion dollars on them last year. So what's better, jamming your stores full of cars that no one wants or not building cars that no one wants?
Ford has continually fucked up trying to sell me "regular" cars.
Maybe they should crack down on their dealership antics and things would sell better.

An Explorer ST with 8k markup? Nope.
Focus RS for 20k over? Fuck off
Raptor both 1st and 2nd gen at 10k over and sitting? Ha.

Then a Bronco that I was trying to have built, 1. took forever and 2. dealer wanted a markup on it.
I got a Jeep 6 weeks later custom built.

I think Ford has a lot of solid options, but their dealers might just be worse than Dodge's. I don't even look at new Fords now.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Every day the world seems even more f'd up than I ever imagined it could get. :(

We don't need the Chinese or Russians to kick our ass, we are electing commie dictators just fine without them!
And who knows....there just might be more than a few on here that have been voting these idiots in,,,o_O