Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

It's Official, Order Cancelled

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
Ford has continually fucked up trying to sell me "regular" cars.
Maybe they should crack down on their dealership antics and things would sell better.

An Explorer ST with 8k markup? Nope.
Focus RS for 20k over? Fuck off
Raptor both 1st and 2nd gen at 10k over and sitting? Ha.

Then a Bronco that I was trying to have built, 1. took forever and 2. dealer wanted a markup on it.
I got a Jeep 6 weeks later custom built.

I think Ford has a lot of solid options, but their dealers might just be worse than Dodge's. I don't even look at new Fords now.
I don't know why it is so difficult to understand that manufacturers cannot dictate what dealers can sell their for. It violates federal restraint of trade laws. And, before you say it, "slow shipping" desirable cars to uncooperatve dealers has already been ruled to be a violation of federal restraint of trade laws. So your beef is with the dealer, not with Ford Motor Company, and, if the market is in a high demand/low supply wave, then you don't have a reasonable understanding of where prices are going to be. Fortunately, there is an easy solution, which is don't pay it. And that $3 billion dollar loss is from their EV departeent alone.

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
Maybe they should crack down on their dealership antics and things would sell better.

Then a Bronco that I was trying to have built, 1. took forever and 2. dealer wanted a markup on it.

I think Ford has a lot of solid options, but their dealers might just be worse than Dodge's. I don't even look at new Fords now.
And then there's Ford (design) quality ...

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I don't know why it is so difficult to understand that manufacturers cannot dictate what dealers can sell their for. It violates federal restraint of trade laws. And, before you say it, "slow shipping" desirable cars to uncooperatve dealers has already been ruled to be a violation of federal restraint of trade laws. So your beef is with the dealer, not with Ford Motor Company, and, if the market is in a high demand/low supply wave, then you don't have a reasonable understanding of where prices are going to be. Fortunately, there is an easy solution, which is don't pay it. And that $3 billion dollar loss is from their EV departeent alone.
When it is multiple dealers, it's Ford's problem.

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
When it is multiple dealers, it's Ford's problem.
Oh, I forgot, Ford controls the laws of economics and supply and demand, Maybe they can also prohibit car buyers from re-selling cars for more than they paid for them.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Oh, I forgot, Ford controls the laws of economics and supply and demand, Maybe they can also prohibit car buyers from re-selling cars for more than they paid for them.
:rolleyes:

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Actually Ferrari does this when you buy a new shiny shiny from the company you are not allowed to sell it within a couple of years of purchase. If absolutely must be done Ferrari will buy it back.

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
Actually Ferrari does this when you buy a new shiny shiny from the company you are not allowed to sell it within a couple of years of purchase. If absolutely must be done Ferrari will buy it back.
Good luck enforcing that.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

I ordered a Ford truck 2 weeks ago and it's scheduled for the week of July 17th.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I ordered a Ford truck 2 weeks ago and it's scheduled for the week of July 17th.
Did you get any email from dodge about a cancelation?

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Did you get any email from dodge about a cancelation?
I've heard nothing from Dodge. Truck has moved up to the week of the 10th.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I've heard nothing from Dodge. Truck has moved up to the week of the 10th.
Uh oh, dodge might have a surprise for you

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Uh oh, dodge might have a surprise for you
Just checked.

Last edited:

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Member ID
Reactions
City
Covington
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Dodge Challenger
So here we are with six months left in the year and a production 170 is yet to be seen. Does anybody have any reason to think that they are actually going to produce 3300 of those? Considering that they are canceling placed orders like this one….. maybe that is to turn all the leftover Challengers into 170’s? Redirecting all the Redeye engine building efforts into 170’s? I’m glad I’m not on a 170 waiting list with a last name starting with W.
So here we are with six months left in the year and a production 170 is yet to be seen. 🫣
I saw this ad on Facebook Marketplace today. The pic appears to be at an exhibition and not an actual dealership.

Attachments

Member ID
Reactions
City
SHREVEPORT
State
LA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 HellCat
My order for a new Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody from Oct, 2022 has now been officially cancelled by Dodge. If you have a redeye on order and it's still 5N7 sales code with BG status, your car is not going to get built. Best to start looking for an existing car or settle of a regular HC but you better hurry because they will also be running out soon.
I happen to have a mint condition 2015 if your interested. My cell is 318-655-5164. Text me and I will send you some pics. Toby

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
Ford is requiring dealerships that want to sell EV's to sign contracts that include non-negotiable pricing. So if you go on Ford website or agree on a price at the dealership, a dealer won't be able to throw on markups after you sign. I know a few dealerships are trying to sue over this but it'll be interesting if Ford gets away with this.

OP
RRDon
Member ID
Reactions
City
Anytown
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Challenger
Thread Starter #37
I happen to have a mint condition 2015 if your interested. My cell is 318-655-5164. Text me and I will send you some pics. Toby
Thanks Toby but my situation changed remarkably and I wound up with a new wide body redeye hellcat when one of the 2 confirmed orders my dealer had backed out of the deal! It just so happened I was in the right place at the right time and was able to buy it.

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
Ford is requiring dealerships that want to sell EV's to sign contracts that include non-negotiable pricing. So if you go on Ford website or agree on a price at the dealership, a dealer won't be able to throw on markups after you sign. I know a few dealerships are trying to sue over this but it'll be interesting if Ford gets away with this.
Thye will sue and they will win. And then Ford can report losses even higher than $3 billion.

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
Thye will sue and they will win. And then Ford can report losses even higher than $3 billion.
I'm kind of hesitant they will win considering the goverment wants to push people into EV's. I'll laugh if Ford wins but markups are allowed on ICE vehicles

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
You may never see dat now. Ford announced today Wednesday, thay be laying off robots and persuns. Chane um to EVs. Watt a loss of $$$.