Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Stinkeye Challenger build....

GNBRETT

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Trackhawk, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Stang, Golf R
IDN if that rear end is gonna work bro. Might need something beefier.....lol J/k geeeeez.... Cant wait to see this.

What size Turbo's u going with and which ones. Im entertaining going Twins in my Hawk. Looking at Twin 72mm Bullseye NLX's. He has new ones he just released they make BIG power and spool up wicked fast!

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #1,562
76mm Garrets. Rated at 1500hp per.

GNBRETT

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
I was considering the Garrett 76's but just afriad they will spool too slow..... My last Bullsye Turbo made my previous Garrett look like an old cast Turbo form the 80's lol.

Compared to the Bullseye it was a slug but maybe the new ones spool faster but Bullsyse has new Turbo's to so I doubt that.

But ur on the line building boost off the TB so thats much less of an issue for u I guess.

covidcommander

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #1,566

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Interwebs
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon 170
When did it make it's last pass? How long till it makes another one?

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #1,568
When did it make it's last pass? How long till it makes another one?
Last pass was December in Bakersfield. Ran 8.2’s on the Whipple 3.0. Projected next one is in November. Probably be a track rental again in Bakersfield. Will be looking for 7.0’s

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Deep 7s with those turbos

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #1,570
Deep 7s with those turbos
Thing is….. this car will never be legal to run under 7.50. The NHRA cert for 6.50 would require removal of the entire cage and start over with the extensive rebuild and a ton of weight removal. Not interested in that. Need to call it quits on the upgrading and start racing. What I will actually be looking to do is the heads up 1/8 mile small tire classes that run in the 4.50 ballpark. Those are 7.0 capable. It’s safer and easier on the parts.

GNBRETT

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Last pass was December in Bakersfield. Ran 8.2’s on the Whipple 3.0. Projected next one is in November. Probably be a track rental again in Bakersfield. Will be looking for 7.0’s
7's or 7.0's..... How much power u think them Garretts are gonna put down? U still have the stock block or did u upgrade?

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #1,572
7's or 7.0's..... How much power u think them Garretts are gonna put down? U still have the stock block or did u upgrade?
7.0 capable with the weight down to 3600 lbs. Legal to 7.50. 401ci motor is max build for turbo power. Filled early high nickel 6.2 BGE factory block to start but will probably go to the new Dart. They’re looking the real deal for 2500hp. Can’t go billet because those classes I want to run won’t allow it.

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thing is….. this car will never be legal to run under 7.50. The NHRA cert for 6.50 would require removal of the entire cage and start over with the extensive rebuild and a ton of weight removal. Not interested in that. Need to call it quits on the upgrading and start racing. What I will actually be looking to do is the heads up 1/8 mile small tire classes that run in the 4.50 ballpark. Those are 7.0 capable. It’s safer and easier on the parts.
I’ve gone as fast as I can so i haven’t raced since the beginning of the year. Hopefully a few more things and will knock a few more 10ths off

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #1,574
The ladder bar rear is done with the anti roll finished yesterday. It all goes to powder coat next week. Custom coil overs and Strange 40 spline axles are ordered. The fuel cell placement and tin work starts next week. The new 14” wing is being fab’d and the latest decision is to replace the hood and deck lid with Anderson CF. Redeye Racecars is a Anderson Composites dealer now, so we’ll be sporting some of their stuff. So…. Anybody want my cowel hood? It’s the fiberglass version that was sold by Kenne Bell. While off the car and being stored in my trailer… it fell over and suffered a couple minor skuff marks to the mat black wrap. Could be just touched up if you’re not particular. Otherwise it will need to be re-wrapped. $400 with the Mopar hood pins included. It’s at the shop in Vero Beach now. I’ll do a separate ad on that shortly. IMG_0805.jpeg IMG_1516.jpeg IMG_4251.jpeg

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #1,575
And the BIG news is…. I’ll be moving to Vero Beach Florida to be a full time member of the Redeye Racecars team. James Golden has made me the offer to become the “other” twin turbo Hellcat running with them at the events they will be participating at. My home in Utah is for sale and the huge job of relocating across the country has begun. In the meantime… the car will be returning to Spankintime for the new engine and final setup and tuning. Spankintime (Adam Montegue) will continue to provide the engine expertise going forward. Nobody better in my opinion when it comes to building one of these Gen 3 Hemi’s. The goal now is to put a stock frame Hellcat in the 6’s. IMG_7147.jpeg

Last edited:

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
And the BIG news is…. I’ll be moving to Vero Beach Florida to be a full time member of the Redeye Racecars team. James Golden has made me the offer to become the “other” twin turbo Hellcat running with them at the events they will be participating at. My home in Utah is for sale and the huge job of relocating across the country has begun. In the meantime… the car will be returning to Spankintime for the new engine and final setup and tuning. Spankintime (Adam Montegue) will continue to provide the engine expertise going forward. Nobody better in my opinion when it comes to building one of these Gen 3 Hemi’s. The goal now is to put a stock frame Hellcat in the 6’s. View attachment 144968
Welcome!!!!!!!!!

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I
The ladder bar rear is done with the anti roll finished yesterday. It all goes to powder coat next week. Custom coil overs and Strange 40 spline axles are ordered. The fuel cell placement and tin work starts next week. The new 14” wing is being fab’d and the latest decision is to replace the hood and deck lid with Anderson CF. Redeye Racecars is a Anderson Composites dealer now, so we’ll be sporting some of their stuff. So…. Anybody want my cowel hood? It’s the fiberglass version that was sold by Kenne Bell. While off the car and being stored in my trailer… it fell over and suffered a couple minor skuff marks to the mat black wrap. Could be just touched up if you’re not particular. Otherwise it will need to be re-wrapped. $400 with the Mopar hood pins included. It’s at the shop in Vero Beach now. I’ll do a separate ad on that shortly. View attachment 144965 View attachment 144966 View attachment 144967
ll take the hood. Pm sent

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Interwebs
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon 170
That's a cool gig, hope I'm doing something like that in retirement myself.

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #1,579
That's a cool gig, hope I'm doing something like that in retirement myself.
Thanks 😊. I’m very fortunate. I became friends with James when I gave him a Whipple pulley he needed at that MSHS race in Kentucky 5 years ago. He relocated from NY and is building his business to be one of the recognized players in the world of door car drag racing. New U-Tube channel just up and running weekly content. A lot to look forward to 🤗

Jroc

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Wasaga Beach
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
And the BIG news is…. I’ll be moving to Vero Beach Florida to be a full time member of the Redeye Racecars team. James Golden has made me the offer to become the “other” twin turbo Hellcat running with them at the events they will be participating at. My home in Utah is for sale and the huge job of relocating across the country has begun. In the meantime… the car will be returning to Spankintime for the new engine and final setup and tuning. Spankintime (Adam Montegue) will continue to provide the engine expertise going forward. Nobody better in my opinion when it comes to building one of these Gen 3 Hemi’s. The goal now is to put a stock frame Hellcat in the 6’s. View attachment 144968
Congrats man, that's exciting news! As someone that's also moved cross country this year, it's a pain in the ass but sounds like it will be well worth it in the end. Looking forward to more updates and how everything works out. I have a pretty good feeling I'll be moving from the Whipple to a twin turbo setup at some point in the fairly near future.