Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The "Corvette crowd"....

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Late yesterday I took my wife's C8 for it's yearly NYS inspection...I very rarely drive her car even though it's a rather fun car..(she loves it)...I got on the express way to come home..(our side streets are still like mine fields with pot holes)..had it in track mode and and decided to whip the snot outta it a bit...didn't see unmarked LE behind me as I got on the entrance ramp...(a white Durango no less)..I'm reachin triple digits..and the Durango lit up like a Christmas tree..WTF..Trooper asks for the usual Lic reg..and ins card....this Trooper had a baby face that made him look 18...(come to find out he's been on the job 8 yrs.)..he goes back to the Durango for what seems like forever...I'm thinkin this aint gonna work out well...comes back with a wry smile on his face..and say's sir..I'm going to give you a break today..yer the first old Corvette guy I've ever stopped..you old Corvette crowd are always doin 48 in a 55...NEVER seen one of you old guys speed...I said easy with the old guy stuff junior..he chuckled..as did I ..and said enjoy the day...I got lucky;);)

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Late yesterday I took my wife's C8 for it's yearly NYS inspection...I very rarely drive her car even though it's a rather fun car..(she loves it)...I got on the express way to come home..(our side streets are still like mine fields with pot holes)..had it in track mode and and decided to whip the snot outta it a bit...didn't see unmarked LE behind me as I got on the entrance ramp...(a white Durango no less)..I'm reachin triple digits..and the Durango lit up like a Christmas tree..WTF..Trooper asks for the usual Lic reg..and ins card....this Trooper had a baby face that made him look 18...(come to find out he's been on the job 8 yrs.)..he goes back to the Durango for what seems like forever...I'm thinkin this aint gonna work out well...comes back with a wry smile on his face..and say's sir..I'm going to give you a break today..yer the first old Corvette guy I've ever stopped..you old Corvette crowd are always doin 48 in a 55...NEVER seen one of you old guys speed...I said easy with the old guy stuff junior..he chuckled..as did I ..and said enjoy the day...I got lucky;);)
Corvette is now a stellantis product:unsure:
I guess the durango was that caught you

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Old? Cheeky baby faced fu**er🤣🤣

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
He ran your plate and found out you were the donut tycoon. :rolleyes:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Better then abe froman " the sausage king of Chicago"

Last edited:

Bowtie Guy

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
I was thinking the same thing

Cop + Donut = No ticket

LMAO

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Guess you looked the part, must have borrowed one of CC's ascots for the drive ............................

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #8
Old? Cheeky baby faced fu**er🤣🤣
Swear..he didn't have a hair on his face..don't think he ever shaved...

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #9
Thought I knew most of the unmarked trooper cars..generally silver or tan Tahoe's...never saw an all white Durango

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #10
LOL...not a chance...even though It's my wife's car...it's registered to me....and with my last name he probably figured I was in the cannoli business...not DONUTS:giggle::giggle::giggle:;)

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #11
Swear..he didn't have a hair on his face..don't think he ever shaved...
I think what saved me was...the expressway is elevated some 20 ft...I was coming up the entrance ramp.....he didn't actually see me till I topped the grade...(with the acceleration lane its 4 wide)..I had clear road ahead for maybe 1/4 mile...he and 2 other cars were maybe 200 yrds behind doin the speed limit..(55)...I gapped em like they were in wheel chairs...within seconds he lit up the lights...he never told me how fast I was goin..(don't think he really knew)...but I was kickin triple digits in the teeth...this happened in a matter of seconds...

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
I think what saved me was...the expressway is elevated some 20 ft...I was coming up the entrance ramp.....he didn't actually see me till I topped the grade...(with the acceleration lane its 4 wide)..I had clear road ahead for maybe 1/4 mile...he and 2 other cars were maybe 200 yrds behind doin the speed limit..(55)...I gapped em like they were in wheel chairs...within seconds he lit up the lights...he never told me how fast I was goin..(don't think he really knew)...but I was kickin triple digits in the teeth...this happened in a matter of seconds...
Fun, ain’t it😎😊

hell on wheels

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
The Demon is the next corvette
They keep making them

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #14
Guess you looked the part, must have borrowed one of CC's ascots for the drive ............................
All dressed in black...no white socks or sneakers...black vette...kinda looked more like a thug...:eek:

MMissile

500 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Macomb County
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Challenger Hellcat WB
All the guys I know with new vettes, think they're gonna get rich off them. They don't have any miles on them. They're also older than me, and look kinda silly in them. Not a muscle-car look, for sure.

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #16
All the guys I know with new vettes, think they're gonna get rich off them. They don't have any miles on them. They're also older than me, and look kinda silly in them. Not a muscle-car look, for sure.
I never bought ANY vehicle expecting a huge return..and never gave a thought to what it was gonna be worth..none of my cars have a ton of miles on em..and my wife and I both drive our cars...when we want to..;)

2ndAmend

2000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
I'm guessing, he didn't get a good speed reading/record on you and his sergeant on the radio told him he didn't have crap for reason to give a ticket let alone pull over. He'll be smarter next time.

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #18
I'm guessing, he didn't get a good speed reading/record on you and his sergeant on the radio told him he didn't have crap for reason to give a ticket let alone pull over. He'll be smarter next time.
Agreed...It was not a speed trap area..he wasn't stationary...and he had no time to clock me...he was cruisin along 55/65..and he sees me mergin @ triple digits...and as soon as he hit the lights..I was on the binders and pulled over...it was literally seconds..I think we were both surprised..he never mentioned speed...

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #19
Whadda ya sayin Missile boy..:unsure::unsure::unsure:...are ya sayin I look kinda silly..:cautious::cautious::giggle::giggle:;)

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Agreed...It was not a speed trap area..he wasn't stationary...and he had no time to clock me...he was cruisin along 55/65..and he sees me mergin @ triple digits...and as soon as he hit the lights..I was on the binders and pulled over...it was literally seconds..I think we were both surprised..he never mentioned speed...
I forget the specs now but if the acceleration/deacceleration rate is greater than not too much, radar unit can’t lock on. When you see a speed trap IF it is not too late nail the brakes.