Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The "Corvette crowd"....

2ndAmend

2000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
I forget the specs now but if the acceleration/deacceleration rate is greater than not too much, radar unit can’t lock on. When you see a speed trap IF it is not too late nail the brakes.
Yeah, I read that in C&D about 30y ago, the radar takes (took) multiple readings and if they did not agree it would reject them. C&D was able to jam on the brakes the instant the detector went off and the radar couldn't get a reading. The caveat was you needed to be ready to slam on the brakes instantly, and you needed to brake hard, which is not a good idea every time the detector beeps. But it could be done!

Edit: Remember, this C&D test was 30y ago, most cops aren't that old!

Last edited:

2ndAmend

2000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Agreed...It was not a speed trap area..he wasn't stationary...and he had no time to clock me...he was cruisin along 55/65..and he sees me mergin @ triple digits...and as soon as he hit the lights..I was on the binders and pulled over...it was literally seconds..I think we were both surprised..he never mentioned speed...
If he didn't mention speed, he was probably fishing, and his sergeant told him to get back to work and don't bother him again unless he actually has something! :ROFLMAO:

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #23
If he didn't mention speed, he was probably fishing, and his sergeant told him to get back to work and don't bother him again unless he actually has something! :ROFLMAO:
Agreed...now if he was savvy...he could have tried to run me down without the lights...I would have thought he was just some Durango that wanted a piece of a C8...and man then I would have been in some "SERIOUS TROUBLE"...alls well that ends well:giggle::giggle:;)